Any time you engage with an audience, from one to hundreds, you have the ability to move people to action. You can influence positive change in them—what they think, feel, believe and do. That’s powerful, and a great responsibility.
The Presentation Skills Workshop can be of great help to you in developing the content of your messages and most importantly, how you deliver your content. It’s different from other large group offerings that either lecture at you or put you through so many exercises that you don’t get to focus on specific, definable next steps for what you are working on at that moment. Small class sizes ensure energized focus and allow you time to practice in a safe setting.
My experience as presentation coach for leaders, observation of hundreds of leading executives as a professional briefing facilitator, and my background in teaching acting with a specialty in movement for actors provides you with the opportunity to take specific, actionable steps to your ultimate performance.
Thank you so much for the the time you contributed to plan and execute a great training event. Your ability to be authentic and provide actionable coaching was so well received the crew is already asking me when we can work with you again!
Jaime F. – Nursing Education Executive, on customized Delivery Skills workshop
Previous workshop participants have found the Presentation Skills Workshop helps them gain:
Where would you like to grow?
The goal of each workshop is for you to be better than you were before, while honoring and leveraging your unique style. It’s presentation skills at whole new level, with actionable feedback for you as performer on your business stage. It’s about your critical roles— challenged, stretched, reinvigorated.
As your coach and guide, I’ll provide supportive, actionable feedback that focuses on what you want to work on. The workshop structure depends on the level of participants, but for your planning, a sample list of Presentation Skills Workshop activities may include:
- Warm-Up – improvisation exercise to get your creativity and energy flowing
- 4-A Way of Communicating overview – a framework you can leverage for shaping your energy and message
- 1st “performance” – you as Actor, in front of your Audience, practicing your Action-enabled content. Video recording for group or individual discovery.
- Actionable Feedback – encouraging, actionable input from me on your success, and what you might consider changing for the next time
- 2nd performance – delivery of your content with at least one thing you want to work on from the feedback session. Be ready for stop/ start side-coaching from Corey to get to your best!
- Action Planning – time for outlining your Action plan for continuing performance excellence
Improv exercises and added performance opportunities are possible depending on the participants and time allowed. The Presentation Skills Workshop is creatively structured to go where you need to go in a safe environment for presentation practice.
Presentation Skills Workshop levels
Beginning – custom made if you:
- Haven’t presented before or have presented a few times and realized you didn’t know what you were doing!
- Are freaked out by the thought of presenting to an audience or the idea of public speaking
- Want the foundational principles of developing content and your delivery
Intermediate – just right if you:
- Have presented several to many times and realize you’d like some feedback to help with your development
- Received feedback that you should take a presentation skills class
- Find your nerves getting the best of you during a presentation
Advanced – perfect if you:
- Have delivered a lot of presentations or present regularly as part of your life
- Are bored with your delivery
- Want some objective feedback with a good dose of challenge
- Are ready to improvise to help you explore your range and get to new areas of discovery
These are all about you and the group you want to help get better as actors on your business stage. Customization is key here—focused objectives and activities based on what you want your team to accomplish with your organization’s priorities as the focal point. These sessions often focus on a particular team challenge or opportunity as a part of a performance development plan.
Customized Presentation Skills Workshops are held at your site or your city, anywhere in the United States or other select countries. Accommodations for offsite sessions in Kansas City can be arranged. Contact Me with your specific objectives and I’ll be in touch to plan the perfect workshop for you and your colleagues.
Get Timely Feedback with “Your Video Coaching”
If you have a recording of you, a colleague’s or your group’s presentation, let me help with specific, actionable written or verbal feedback. It’s the easiest way to get some solid next-step-stuff for presentation skills development. Please visit Your Video Coaching page for details.
Get Started Now!
Contact Me to get started on a building your Customized Presentation Skills Workshop.
Thank you for considering the Presentation Skills Workshop and please let me know how I can help you command your stage!