Individual Performance Coaching provides every participant the opportunity to discuss opportunities and challenges in confidence. This foundational principle of strict confidentiality in what is discussed establishes a dynamic atmosphere of open and honest sharing. The goal—learn new ways to act in business that support your organization’s business imperatives and ultimately the improved satisfaction of your customers.
Going into coaching with Corey, I wondered if I could really be more effective if I changed. A few sessions in, and after reading his book, I noticed a drastic improvement in my reception from other groups, even with the smallest adjustment I made. Keep from looking at my computer or my phone when talking with people in my office? Seems like a small thing, but it’s been huge, as one example. People see my intentional willingness to change and the 360 survey Corey did on my behalf went a long way to help me understand where to focus my development and showed my co-workers that I’m all in for getting better—sets a good example too. And the performance plan we wrote together literally sits on my desk so I can see it every day. Still battling the “old me” vs. “new me”, and it hasn’t been easy, but realizing that I do have audiences, need to adapt to them and meet them where they are rather than make them come to me, well, that’s been critical in me getting better. The work Corey’s done for me is working.
John P. – SVP IT, global collaboration technology
With interpersonal communications development in mind, clients contact me individually or via their human resources colleagues to begin a process of professional development that can address areas like:
- A challenging behavioral situation where individual careers and organizational integrity may be at risk
- Opportunities for performance improvement in specific interpersonal communication areas or competencies
- Presentation review and practice through customized feedback and learning opportunities
In-person and virtual coaching sessions provide an interactive stage for the definition of goals, understanding the coachee’s reality, exploring options for improvement and planning next steps. Two coaching models are used to complete the development process with action planning templates to support interaction:
|GROW Action Planning||4-A Way Performance Planning|
At How to Act in Business, I base coaching activities on the following “4-A Way” principles:
- The coachee is an Actor on their business stage
- An Actor is an authentic communicator who stretches to perform their challenging, dynamic roles through the selection and playing of Actions
- The Actor bases their performance and the Atmosphere they create on the mission, objectives and values of their organization
- The Actor serves various Audiences who determine the Actor’s choices
- The primary Audience served is external customers
- The Actor owns their performance
- Ongoing feedback from the Actor’s trusted stakeholders is the measure of performance improvement
- Sharing defined development areas with trusted Audience members allows these stakeholders to help gauge improvement in the Actor
A key indicator of how effectively a professional acts in business is through their presentations. A easy and quick way to get started in Individual Coaching is through Your Video Coaching. I review your or your colleague’s recorded video and provide actionable feedback for your improvement.
Is Individual Coaching a good fit for you or your colleague? Find out! Please complete the form below to begin exploring how you act in business and ways to increase your performance effectiveness.
GROW Model © InsideOut Development