You’re busy playing out your roles at work but have a sense that you can improve your performance. Or maybe you’ve received some feedback that the way you’re acting in business is not what’s expected for your organization? Where do you go for honest, outside perspective or to troubleshoot a challenge you’re having?
If you’re looking for objective feedback and guidance just for you, you’ll appreciate Performance Coaching from How to Act in Business. It’s about you getting better at interacting with key stakeholders on your business stage.
There’s two areas of interpersonal communication development where I can help:
- Confidential discussions of opportunities and challenges
- New ways to act in business with even the most difficult audiences
- Refreshing perspective from an outside advocate and confidant
- You, recorded on video in a real business interaction—meeting, presentation, scenario of your choice
- Written or verbal, actionable feedback
- Opportunity for live follow-up coaching sessions with video recording options for continued learning
Regardless of the coaching interaction, what matters is you getting better and having a feedback method to be sure you did!
At How to Act in Business, I base coaching activities on my 4-A Way of Communicating principles:
- The coachee is an Actor on their business stage
- An Actor is an authentic communicator who stretches to perform their challenging, dynamic roles through the selection and playing of Actions
- The Actor bases their performance and the Atmosphere they create on the mission, objectives and values of their organization
- The Actor serves various Audiences who determine the Actor’s choices
- The primary Audience served is external customers
- The Actor owns their performance
- Ongoing feedback from the Actor’s trusted stakeholders is the measure of performance improvement
- Sharing defined development areas with trusted Audience members allows these stakeholders to help gauge improvement in the Actor
Is Performance Coaching a good fit for you or your colleagues? Find out! I’m happy to help you explore how you act in business and ways to increase the effectiveness of your performance.